Friday, May 25, 2007

Friendship


O friend

Your friendship

Your friendship and its selflessness

Selflessness which is selective

Selflessness when there is no self interest

Self interest guides this friendship

It was not how friendship used to be

At least not for me

My interpretation guided my action

Your interests yours

Your interests guided our action

Sometimes against my interests

Oh! I was seeing them

My interests became important

Then my guide

My notion was changing

Perhaps even with other friends

Perhaps it was never strong enough

It failed first test

Perhaps it was not what I thought

Perhaps friendship is not what I thought

Perhaps we can make it what I thought

Should we make it what I thought?

Is this my self interest?

Are my interests replacing our interests?

Perhaps

Perhaps...

I should live with my notion

And you with your interpretation

Perhaps you will see things my way

And find this way beautiful

I don’t find yours

Should I tell you as a friend?

Or should I just let it be

What will be friendship?

Whom should I ask?

O friend

-Ordeenary

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home